Sales and Marketing Manager
Janesville Performing Arts Center
Job Description: Sales and Marketing Manager
About JPAC: JPAC, a 630-seat performing art center located in downtown Janesville, provides a professional home venue for 15 local arts groups and serves as a center for community members to become involved in the arts through performances, lectures, gallery exhibits, non-arts public rentals, and educational activities. The vision of JPAC is to unite people through Art. Since opening in 2004, JPAC has welcomed 178,172 patron visits, served 15 art groups and hosted 695 events, becoming an important anchor in Janesville & Rock County’s revitalization efforts. JPAC’s goal is to continue to be a strong partner in this effort.
A recent Janesville Gazette editorial said, “JPAC serves this community well. It brings quality shows at prices lower than in Madison and Milwaukee. It provides chances for local people to perform or help backstage. It introduces our children to the arts. The vision of early supporters paid off.”
Position Summary: The Sales and Marketing Manager of the Janesville Performing Arts Center (JPAC) is the leader of the facility’s sales, service and marketing initiatives and has three main areas of responsibilities (Box Office, Volunteer Management, & Marketing).
This position is a great opportunity for someone who has the passion for helping a community organization grow but does not seek a full time position.
Sales/Box Office Duties (50%)
• Handle the day-to-day operations of the Box Office including phone, walk-up and internet ticket sales.
• Act as the JPAC Group Sales contact including:
Assist in developing and maintaining relationships with all group representatives
Personally provide exceptional client services and act as contact for group ticket buyers
Track seat reservations, payments and due dates
• Perform Box Office duties at the majority of the facility’s events, usually on nights and weekends and act as staff member on duty after the Box Office is closed.
• Manage all customer complaints and concerns related to Box Office ticketing.
Volunteer Management (25%)
• Oversee a Box Office staff of approximately five volunteers weekly.
• Manage the volunteer usher and house manager program, including weekly usher updates and scheduling of ushers for events.
• Oversee the volunteer recruitment process for new Box Office staff, ushers, house managers, and bartenders.
• Educate and assist JPAC user group volunteers on the processes of customer service, will call procedures and ushering.
• Participate in the design and implementation marketing plans for special events, capital campaigns and other events for user groups.
• Assist in the creation of media releases, print materials, logos and ads, including brochures, flyers, print ads and posters.
• Manage the organization’s website using Wordpress, including the coordination of blog writing, video production and all social media tie-ins.
• Coordinate Janesville Presents marketing activities and assist with graphic design as needed.
Supervisor: This position reports to the Executive Director and would work closely with our Marketing /Graphic Designer Consultant, Sue Melton.
Position Hours: 27-35 hours per week. Monday 10am-5pm, Tuesday 10am-5pm, Thursday 10am-5pm, Friday 10am-1pm, Saturday 10am-1pm, weekends as needed for events.
Compensation: $10.50/hour with paid holidays and vacation
Requirements: Associates or Bachelors degree in business, marketing, arts administration, or equivalent experience preferred. Candidates must have flexibility on nights and weekends for events. A passion for the arts or community not for profits is preferred.
Technology Requirements: The following technology skills are not required, but preferred (or at least a desire to learn): Microsoft Office (especi
Type of Opportunity: Jobs/internship
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mention "Sales and Marketing Manager" in subject
No phone calls please.